Invisalign treatment is the advanced technology which helps in closing the gaps between the teeth and also for properly aligning the bended or dislocated teeth. Invisalign system uses the methods like 3-dimensional modeling, modern computer technology. With the help of these methods, the aligners are clear and transparent thus the name “Invisible Braces”.The aligners are perfectly fit to the teeth which gradually helps to change the teeth’s position.
What is the Procedure for Invisalign Treatment?
- Most Orthodontic treatment including Invisalign treatment starts by taking the impression of your teeth. The Invisalign dentist will also take some pictures of your teeth from different angles.
- In the Invisalign laboratory with the help of a CT scanner, a three-dimensional model of your teeth will be taken.
- With the help of most modern patented software, a simulation is made from their present to the final preferred position by making the 3D model of your teeth as the base.
- The simulation is made for designing aligners and it is built as per the customer’s specifications. Then the teeth’s position is altered every 2 weeks as it gradually starts to move.
- The custom-made aligners are sent to the Invisalign dentist so that you can witness the expected teeth movement in due course.
- The Invisalign dentist will give you strict instructions for using the aligners. Usually, the aligners have to wear 20 hours a day.
- Apparently, you have to make regular appointments with the Invisalign dentist to know the current position of your teeth alignment.
The advantages of this Invisalign treatment is that the treatment period is usually shorter and you can brush normally by removing the brace. It is virtually invisible to other people so that you can attend functions without any abashment. The efficiency of this treatment is at the peak since the teeth movements are decided by the computer. The most important advantage of Invisalign braces is that it is more comfortable because there is no sharp brackets or metal wires which can cause wounds in the cheek or tongue. The risk of tooth decay is remarkably less in this Invisalign treatment since they don’t have brackets that can catch the plaque.